Sunday, April 02, 2006

Enter the HU: "75 degrees is beautiful, and I am not talking about the weather."

So I have finally plopped down and started a blog. Many may wonder why would this person start a blog. Well when you are transitioning from the "Tute" of the brass rat to the HU, the black mecca, you would write a blog too. No, I didn't flunk out of the "Tute" but instead I am continuing my education at the HU.

Anyway, I digressed from the main point of my blog. You see there are many observations that are magnified when transitioning from different schools, well different cultures. When being stuck in a techy world, *cough* geeky, and then being introduce to the rest of civilization there is a lot of things that you see that will mesmerize or abhor your eye (depends on what you are looking for or at).

Well, being a guy you can probably guess what these things were/are. But yes, lets get to the meat of this blog. My First Observation:

"75 degrees is beautiful, and I am not talking about the weather."

For the analogy inclined, I am pretty sure you guessed what I am talking about but let me elaborate for everyone else so you all can get use to my style (i.e. the fun part of my blog will be for you all to interpret my analogies or rather I hope so).

It was a thursday, and I am walking to campus like I always do. As I am walking to the HU I realized how nice a day it was. It was the first day of actual warm weather since I have been enrolled at the Tute. Well, I didn't know what I was getting into. The closer I got to HU, the more the scenery changed for the better.

One walked by me and my head was tempted to turn. Another walked in front of me and I strained to keep my eyes from going straight down. Then there was two more, three more, and a couple more at the stop light at the intersection. I am not use to seeing this: a plethora of beautiful women all around me. People told me the scenery was nice but it was my first chance to really take it in, thank you spring. They must have been hiding during the cold weather (and this wouldn't be the first time). I tell you there is nothing nicer than 75 degrees at the HU, that's when the HU shows its true color: beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home