Saturday, April 22, 2006

Enter the HU: No Email, No Facebook

There are many things I missed of the Tute and many things I glad I have at the HU. Of course I miss my CC crew but that's a whole other blog story.

When I was at the Tute, my email system was wonderful. I could access my email on any computer, anywhere, anytime. I could access email in any lab, shoot if I have a laptop I could access my email while pooping on the toilet, having sex, or playing basketball on the court (802.11 is a wonderful thing). My email world was beautiful.

Then I came to the HU. The notion of email I do not think is known here. Well, in relation to an email service being provided by the school that is. First off, no one told me I was provided with an email. Of course, this is assumed but usually the school lets you know or gives you an email or something. A couple weeks went by and nothing on the email front.

So I went snooping for my email address. I asked my friend and he told me its simply my name @ such and such. So I tried that and guess what happen. I got an error (FYI: Outlook Express is some crap I tell you...ok, maybe it just wasn't working for me)

I decided to go to the place that helps with emails and internet stuff for the school. I walked in and told the person my problem. They told me what I had to do: write my name down, register, and they walked me through the process. I did everything that was required of me.

The next day I tried out my email and it still didn't work. Totally pissed I walked back to the place. They told me to fill out this form with my contact information. To spare you the details, I visited the place 2 more times and and I was never contacted. NEVER CONTACTED!!! Totally pissed, I gave up on new school email address.

When I asked about the importance of having a HU address a friend told me simply: "Don't bother, the server is always down anyway." I couldn't get my HU address and I couldn't get on facebook through the HU.

I realized then that the opportunity of hollaring at HU women through facebook had slipped through my fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home